Mr Ken Clarke
- The Networked Society
Ken has 30 years of experience in a diverse range of industries from broadband services, telecoms, military and medical technology. These involved fundamental R&D, product commercialisation, and professional consultation services. From 1990-2005 he worked for Australia’s largest telecommunications carrier, Telstra, in their Research Laboratories in a wide variety of roles. He has authored over 50 journal articles, book chapters and conference papers, including several invited ones. He is the originator of several patents, and was a co-founder of a spin-off technology company, Monitoring Division Incorporated, in telecom monitoring in 2007.
In early 2010 he joined the University of Melbourne and is currently based in the Melbourne Networked Society Institute (MNSI) and is responsible for research collaborations and industry liaison with researchers across all faculties, as well as external industrial researchers, commercial partners, and community groups. He is involved in a wide array of broadband projects in the areas of education, virtual reality, network services and innovative health services delivery, amongst many others.
- Clarke K. Social inclusion and usability of ICT-enabled services. social inclusion and usability of ict-enabled services. Routledge. 2018.
- Clarke K, Marino R, Li Y. Dental Trauma Tracker: A Mobile Phone Application for the Epidemiologic Surveillance of Dental and Maxillofacial Trauma. Journal of the International Society for Telemedicine and eHealth. 2017, Vol. 5.
- Clarke K, Marino R, Lodders A, Stranieri A. History of Telemedicine in Australia. A Century of Telemedicine: Curatio Sine Distantia et Tempora A World Wide Overview – Part I. 2017. Editors: Vladzymyrskyy A, Jordanova M, Lievens F.
- Marino R, Tonmukayakul U, Manton D, Stranieri A, Clarke K. Cost-analysis of teledentistry in residential aged care facilities. JOURNAL OF TELEMEDICINE AND TELECARE. Royal Society of Medicine Press. 2016, Vol. 22, Issue 6. DOI: 10.1177/1357633X15608991
- Ormond-Parker L, Langton M, Huebner S, Coleman J, Pearson C, Sloggett R, Nordlinger R, Smith K, Clarke K. When Magnets Collide: Digital Preservation and Access of At-Risk Audiovisual Archives in a Remote Aboriginal Community. . 2016.
- Marino R, Clarke K, Manton D, Stranieri A, Collmann R, Kellet H, Borda A. Teleconsultation and Telediagnosis for Oral Health Assessment: An Australian Perspective. Teledentistry. Springer Verlag. 2015. Editors: Kumar S. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-08973-7_10
- Gray K, Clarke K, Kwong ML, Alzougool BM, Hines C, Tidhar G, Frukhtman F. Erratum: Internet protocol television for personalized home-based health information: Design-based research on a diabetes education system. (Journal of Medical Internet Research 2014;3(1):(e16) ) doi:10.2196/resprot.3404.. Journal of Medical Internet Research. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 2014, Vol. 16, Issue 3. DOI: 10.2196/resprot.3404
- Marino R, McCullough M, Marwaha P, Stranieri A, Collmann R, Clarke K, Hopcraft M, Ozanne E, Manton D, Blackberry I. Field testing of remote teledentistry technology. eTELEMED 2014, The Sixth International Conference on eHealth, Telemedicine, and Social Medicine. 2014. Editors: Iaria.
- Gray K, Clarke K, Kwong ML, Alzougool BM, Hines C, Tidhar G, Frukhtman F. Internet Protocol Television for Personalized Home-Based Health Information: Design-Based Research on a Diabetes Education System. JMIR Research Protocols. University of Toronto. 2014, Vol. 3, Issue 1. DOI: 10.2196/resprot.3201
- Clarke K, Marino R, Manton D, Hopcraft M, McCullough M, Borda A, Hallett K. Paediatric teledentistry: delivering oral health services to rural and regional children. . University of Melbourne. 2014. Editors: Lodders A.
- Clarke K, Gray K, Kwong ML, Azoulgool B, Hines C, Frukhtman F, Tidhar G. SeeCare IPTV: broadband technology for improved health literacy. . University of Melbourne. 2014. Editors: Lodders A.
- MariÑo R, Tonmukayakul U, Marwaha P, Collmann R, Hopcraft M, Manton D, Stranieri A, Clarke K. Teleconsultation/telediagnosis using teledentistry technology: A pilot feasibility study. International Journal on Advances in Life Sciences. International Academy, Research, and Industrial Association. 2014, Vol. 6, Issue 3-4.
- Clarke K, McCullough M, Frukhtman F. Uni TV: trialing IPTV for education. Uni TV: trialing IPTV for education. University of Melbourne. 2013. Editors: Lodders A.
- Clarke K, McCullough M, Leins K, Tidhar G, Farmer D. The role of IPTV in education. Telecommunications Journal of Australia. Telecommunications Society of Australia. 2012, Vol. 62, Issue 5. DOI: 10.7790/tja.v62i5.354
- Anderson T, Clarke K, Dods SD, Li J, Gopalakrishnapillai BSG, Nelson L, Birk M, Zhang G, Magill P. Measurement of Mean Fiber DGD Using Asynchronous Delay-Tap Sampling. Optical Fiber Communication Conference (OFC 2010) with National Fiber Optic Engineers Conference (NFOEC 2010). IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2010.
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile