Associate Professor Mohammad Aldeen
- Control Systems, Linear and Nonlinear (Decentralised Control)
- Fault Detection in Engineering Systems (Engineering Systems)
- Medical Image Processing (Melanoma and Psoriasis)
- Power and Energy Systems Engineering including Wind and Solar (Modelling, Simulation and Control)
Mohammad Aldeen is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Current Research Activities and Interests
The main current research activities include (i) fault detection and identification; (ii) state estimation (observer theory); (iii) power systems modeling, simulation and control; and (iv) biomedical engineering.
- Gholami S, Saha S, Aldeen M. Fault tolerant control of electronically coupled distributed energy resources in microgrid systems. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 95.
- Gholami S, Saha S, Aldeen M. Robust multiobjective control method for power sharing among distributed energy resources in islanded microgrids with unbalanced and nonlinear loads. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ELECTRICAL POWER & ENERGY SYSTEMS. Elsevier. 2018, Vol. 94.
- Chua WS, Tan CP, Aldeen M, Saha S. A Robust Fault Estimation Scheme for a Class of Nonlinear Systems. ASIAN JOURNAL OF CONTROL. Chinese Automatic Control Society. 2017, Vol. 19, Issue 2.
- George Y, Aldeen M, Garnavi R. Automatic psoriasis lesion segmentation in two-dimensional skin images using multiscale superpixel clustering.. J Med Imaging (Bellingham). 2017, Vol. 4, Issue 4.
- Oveisi A, Aldeen M, NestoroviĆ T. Disturbance rejection control based on state-reconstruction and persistence disturbance estimation. Journal of the Franklin Institute. 2017.
- Ahmadi A, Aldeen M. Robust overlapping load frequency output feedback control of multi-area interconnected power systems. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ELECTRICAL POWER & ENERGY SYSTEMS. Elsevier. 2017, Vol. 89.
- Percy S, Aldeen M, Rowe CN, Berry A. A Comparison between Capacity, Cost and Degradation in Australian Residential Battery Systems. 2016 IEEE INNOVATIVE SMART GRID TECHNOLOGIES - ASIA (ISGT-ASIA). IEEE. 2016.
- Gholami S, Aldeen M, Saha S. A Control Strategy for Grid-connected Distributed Energy Resources in the Presence of Unbalanced and Harmonically Polluted Loads. 2016 IEEE INNOVATIVE SMART GRID TECHNOLOGIES - ASIA (ISGT-ASIA). IEEE. 2016.
- Sabbaghi S, Aldeen M, Garnavi R. A Deep Bag-of-Features Model for the Classification of Melanomas in Dermoscopy Images. 2016 38TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE IEEE ENGINEERING IN MEDICINE AND BIOLOGY SOCIETY (EMBC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016, Vol. 2016-October. Editors: Patton J, Barbieri R, Ji J, Jabbari E, Dokos S, Mukkamala R, Guiraud D, Jovanov E, Dhaher Y, Panescu D, Vangils M, Wheeler B, Dhawan AP.
- Wu Z, Aldeen M, Saha S. A Novel Optimisation Method for the Design of LCL Filters for Three-Phase Grid-Tied Inverters. 2016 IEEE INNOVATIVE SMART GRID TECHNOLOGIES - ASIA (ISGT-ASIA). IEEE. 2016.
- Ahmadi A, Aldeen M. An LMI approach to the design of robust delay-dependent overlapping load frequency control of uncertain power systems. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ELECTRICAL POWER & ENERGY SYSTEMS. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 81.
- Aldeen M, Saha S. Decentralised fault detection, identification, and mitigation in excitation control systems. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ELECTRICAL POWER & ENERGY SYSTEMS. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 77.
- Abdolmaleki M, Aldeen M. Graph theoretic approach to characterisation of quotient fixed modes in LTI systems. EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF CONTROL. Hermes Science Publication. 2016, Vol. 31.
- Jalali A, Aldeen M. Improving Voltage Stability Margin Using STATCOM-Storage Devices. 2016 IEEE PES INNOVATIVE SMART GRID TECHNOLOGIES CONFERENCE EUROPE (ISGT-EUROPE). IEEE. 2016, Vol. Part F126485.
- Fard M, Aldeen M. Innovative Control Method for Integrating Photovoltaic and Battery Systems. 2016 IEEE INNOVATIVE SMART GRID TECHNOLOGIES - ASIA (ISGT-ASIA). IEEE. 2016.
Level: 02 Room: 2.17
Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83447298
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile