Associate Professor Leigh Johnston
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Medical Imaging
- Signal Processing
Associate Professor Leigh Johnston is a member of the Department of Biomedical Engineering within the School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering. Her primary research focus is medical imaging, in particular Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Leigh holds an honorary appointment at the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, where she is Head of the Animal MRI facility. She is also a member of the Melbourne Brain Centre Imaging Unit, with research programs utilising the Siemens 7T and Siemens PET/CT clinical systems on the Parkville campus. Leigh’s expertise in MRI spans from acquisition sequences to image analysis and applications. Prior to her appointment at The University of Melbourne, Leigh was a postdoctoral researcher at the Howard Florey Institute (Melbourne), York University (Canada), and the Université catholique de Louvain (Belgium).
- Blunck Y, Josan S, Taqdees SW, Moffat B, Ordidge R, Cleary J, Johnston L. 3D-multi-echo radial imaging of Na-23 (3D-MERINA) for time-efficient multi-parameter tissue compartment mapping. MAGNETIC RESONANCE IN MEDICINE. John Wiley & Sons. 2018, Vol. 79, Issue 4.
- Taqdees SW, Ng A, Wright DK, Tolcos M, Johnston L. ANALYSIS OF ADC MODEL ROBUSTNESS IN DIFFUSION-WEIGHTED MRI. 2017 IEEE 14TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON BIOMEDICAL IMAGING (ISBI 2017). IEEE. 2017.
- Shishegar R, Joshi AA, Tolcos M, Walker DW, Johnston L. AUTOMATIC SEGMENTATION OF FETAL BRAIN USING DIFFUSION-WEIGHTED IMAGING CUES. 2017 IEEE 14TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON BIOMEDICAL IMAGING (ISBI 2017). IEEE. 2017.
- Wright D, Johnston L, Kershaw J, Ordidge R, O'Brien T, Shultz S. Changes in Apparent Fiber Density and Track-Weighted Imaging Metrics in White Matter following Experimental Traumatic Brain Injury. JOURNAL OF NEUROTRAUMA. Mary Ann Liebert Publishers. 2017, Vol. 34, Issue 13.
- Sharma P, Wright D, Johnston L, Powell K, Wlodek M, Shultz S, O'Brien T, Gilby K. Differences in white matter structure between seizure prone (FAST) and seizure resistant (SLOW) rat strains. NEUROBIOLOGY OF DISEASE. Academic Press. 2017, Vol. 104.
- Korte J, Layton KJ, Tahayori B, Farrell P, Moore SM, Johnston L. NMR spectroscopy using Rabi modulated continuous wave excitation. BIOMEDICAL SIGNAL PROCESSING AND CONTROL. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 33.
- Wright D, Liu S, Van Der Poel C, McDonald SJ, Brady RD, Taylor L, Yang L, Gardner AJ, Ordidge R, O'Brien T, Johnston L, Shultz S. Traumatic Brain Injury Results in Cellular, Structural and Functional Changes Resembling Motor Neuron Disease. CEREBRAL CORTEX. Oxford University Press. 2017, Vol. 27, Issue 9.
- Karve I, Zhang H, Habgood M, Frugier T, Brody K, Sashindranath M, Ek CJ, Chappaz S, Kile B, Wright D, Wang H, Johnston L, Daglas M, Ates RC, Medcalf RL, Taylor J, Crack P. Ablation of Type-1 IFN Signaling in Hematopoietic Cells Confers Protection Following Traumatic Brain Injury. ENEURO. Society of Neuroscience. 2016, Vol. 3, Issue 1.
- Wright D, Trezise J, Kamnaksh A, Bekdash R, Johnston L, Ordidge R, Semple B, Gardner AJ, Stanwell P, O'Brien T, Agoston DV, Shultz S. Behavioral, blood, and magnetic resonance imaging biomarkers of experimental mild traumatic brain injury. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS. Nature Publishing Group. 2016, Vol. 6.
- Tahayori B, Khaneja N, Johnston L, Farrell P, Mareels I. Improving the time efficiency of the Fourier synthesis method for slice selection in magnetic resonance imaging. PHYSICA MEDICA-EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MEDICAL PHYSICS. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 32, Issue 1.
- Sharma P, Dedeurwaerdere S, Vandenberg MAD, Fang K, Johnston L, Shultz S, O'Brien T, Gilby K. Neuroanatomical differences in FAST and SLOW rat strains with differential vulnerability to kindling and behavioral comorbidities. EPILEPSY & BEHAVIOR. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 65.
- Liu S, Zheng P, Wright D, Dezsi G, Braine E, Thanh N, Corcoran N, Johnston L, Hovens C, Mayo J, Hudson M, Shultz S, Jones N, O'Brien T. Sodium selenate retards epileptogenesis in acquired epilepsy models reversing changes in protein phosphatase 2A and hyperphosphorylated tau. BRAIN. Oxford University Press. 2016, Vol. 139, Issue 7.
- Shishegar R, Tolcos M, Walker DW, Johnston L. Sulcal curve extraction using Laplace Beltrami eigenfunction level sets. 2016 38TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE IEEE ENGINEERING IN MEDICINE AND BIOLOGY SOCIETY (EMBC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016. Editors: Patton J, Barbieri R, Ji J, Jabbari E, Dokos S, Mukkamala R, Guiraud D, Jovanov E, Dhaher Y, Panescu D, Vangils M, Wheeler B, Dhawan AP.
- Swaminathan M, Hill E, Ellis M, Zygorodimos M, Johnston L, Gwynne R, Bornstein J. Video Imaging and Spatiotemporal Maps to Analyze Gastrointestinal Motility in Mice. JOVE-JOURNAL OF VISUALIZED EXPERIMENTS. Journal of Visualized Experiments. 2016, Issue 108.
- Phillips T, Wright D, Gradie P, Johnston L, Pask A. A Comprehensive Atlas of the Adult Mouse Penis. SEXUAL DEVELOPMENT. Karger. 2015, Vol. 9, Issue 3.
Level: 03 Room: 11
Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile