Dr Chien Chan
Dr Chien Aun Chan is a Research Fellow in the Centre for Energy-Efficient Telecommunications (CEET) in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
- Energy efficiency in telecom networks - Content distribution networks - Optical communications systems and optical networks - Network design and modelling
- Yan M, Chan C, Li W, I C-L, Bian S, Gygax A, Leckie C, Hinton K, Wong E, Nirmalathas A. Network Energy Consumption Assessment of Conventional Mobile Services and Over-the-Top Instant Messaging Applications. IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 34, Issue 12. DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2016.2611978
- Chan C, Gygax A, Leckie C, Wong E, Nirmalathas A, Hinton K. Telecommunications energy and greenhouse gas emissions management for future network growth. APPLIED ENERGY. Elsevier. 2016, Vol. 166. DOI: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.01.007
- Chan C, Li W, Bian S, Chih-Lin I, Gygax A, Leckie C, Yan M, Hinton K. Assessing Network Energy Consumption of Mobile Applications. IEEE COMMUNICATIONS MAGAZINE. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 53, Issue 11.
- Lee K, Li J, Chan C, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Chow HK. Energy-efficient technologies for point-to-point fiber access. OPTICAL FIBER TECHNOLOGY. Academic Press. 2015, Vol. 26. DOI: 10.1016/j.yofte.2015.08.003
- Li J, Lee K, Chan C, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Dinh N, Vetter P. Dynamic Power Management at the Access Node and Customer Premises in Point-to-Point and Time-Division Optical Access. IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2014, Vol. 32, Issue 8. DOI: 10.1109/JSAC.2014.2335333
- Chan C, Gygax A, Leckie C, Wong E, Nirmalathas A. Managing the use-phase and embodied energy consumption to achieve sustainable network growth. Optics InfoBase Conference Papers. 2014, Vol. Part F34-ACPC 2016. DOI: 10.1364/ACPC.2016.AS3D.1
- Li J, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Chan C, Lee K, Dinh N, Vetter P. Sleep mode mechanism with improved upstream performance for passive optical networks. 2014 IEEE International Conference on Communications. IEEE Press. 2014. DOI: 10.1109/ICC.2014.6883925
- Li J, Lee K, Dinh N, Chan C, Vetter P. A Comparison of Sleep Mode Mechanisms for PtP and TDM-PONs. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC). IEEE Communications Society. 2013. DOI: 10.1109/iccw.2013.6649293
- Chan C, Wong E, Gygax A, Leckie C, Nirmalathas A, Hinton K. Energy audit models for telecommunications networks and services. Asia Communications and Photonics Conference, ACP. 2013.
- Chan C, Gygax A, Wong E, Leckie C, Nirmalathas A, Kilper D. Methodologies for Assessing the Use-Phase Power Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Telecommunications Network Services. Environmental Science & Technology. American Chemical Society. 2013, Vol. 47. DOI: 10.1021/es303384y
- Chan C, Wong E, Gygax A, Leckie C, Nirmalathas A, Kilper D. Energy Star Rating for Future Telecom Services: Motivation, Methodologies and Challenges. 2012 Asia Communications and Photonics Conference. Optical Society of America. 2012.
- Wong E, Mueller M, Dias M, Chan C, Amann M. Energy-efficiency of optical network units with vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers. Optics Express. Optical Society of America. 2012, Vol. 20, Issue 14. DOI: 10.1364/OE.20.014960
- Wong E, Chan C, Dias M, Mueller M, Amann MC. Low-power transmitters for green access networks. 2012 Photonics Global Conference (PGC). IEEE Explore. 2012.
- Chan C, Wong E, Nirmalathas A, Gygax A, Leckie C, Kilper D. Towards an energy rating system for telecommunications. Telecommunications Journal of Australia. Telecommunications Society of Australia. 2012, Vol. 62, Issue 5. DOI: 10.7790/tja.v62i5.377
- Wong E, Chan C, Dias M, Mueller M, Amann M. Vertical cavity surface emitting laser transmitters for energy efficient broadband access networks. 2012 IEEE International Conference on Communications. IEEE Press. 2012. DOI: 10.1109/ICC.2012.6364587
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile