Associate Professor Ying Tan
- Intelligent control systems and applications
- Nonlinear control systems and applications
Dr Ying Tan is an Associate Professor and Reader in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Ying Tan received her Bachelor’s degree from Tianjin University, China, in 1995, and her PhD from the National University of Singapore in 2002. She joined McMaster University in 2002 as a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Chemical Engineering. She joined the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department at the University of Melbourne in 2004.
Dr Ying Tan’s main areas of research are nonlinear systems, on-line optimization and intelligent control systems. She has published 110 papers in journals and conferences and has attracted more than 2 million Australian dollars in research funding. She currently is Associate Editor for Systems and Control Letters, Asian Journal of Control. She is the steering committee member for Asian Control Association and Co-Chairs for Asian Control Conference 2017.
She was awarded an Australian Postdoctoral Fellow (2006-2008) and a Future Fellow (2009-2013) by the Australian Research Council. She was the one of finalists for Best Student Paper Award, American Control Conference.
- Cheng X, Tan Y, Mareels I. On robustness analysis of linear vibrational control systems. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2018, Vol. 87.
- Lee T-C, Tan Y, Mareels I. Analyzing the Stability of Switched Systems Using Common Zeroing-Output Systems. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATIC CONTROL. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 62, Issue 10.
- Chen Q, Tan Y, Yang Q, Li J, Mareels I. Centralized control implementation using distributed observer for Meglev systems. Chinese Control Conference, CCC. 2017.
- Chen Q, Tan Y, Li J, Mareels I. Decentralized PID Control Design for Magnetic Levitation Systems Using Extremum Seeking. IEEE Access. 2017.
- Chen Q, Tan Y, Li G, Li J, Mareels I. Design of double-sided linear permanent magnet eddy current braking system. Progress In Electromagnetics Research M. 2017, Vol. 61.
- Fong J, Crocher V, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Mareels I. EMU: A transparent 3D robotic manipulandum for upper-limb rehabilitation. IEEE International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics. 2017.
- Mohammadi A, Samsonas D, Leong F, Tan Y, Thiruchelvam D, Valdastri P, Oetomo D. Modeling and Control of Local Electromagnetic Actuation for Robotic-Assisted Surgical Devices. IEEE-ASME TRANSACTIONS ON MECHATRONICS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 22, Issue 6.
- Zhou S-H, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Freeman C, Burdet E, Mareels I. Modeling of Endpoint Feedback Learning Implemented Through Point-to-Point Learning Control. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY. IEEE Control Systems Society. 2017, Vol. 25, Issue 5.
- Li X, Tan Y, Fu J, Mareels I. On V-shaped flight formation of bird flocks with visual communication constraints. IEEE International Conference on Control and Automation, ICCA. 2017.
- Tan Q, Divekar P, Tan Y, Chen X, Zheng M. Online calibration of combustion phase in a diesel engine. Control Theory and Technology. Huanan Ligong Daxue. 2017, Vol. 15, Issue 2.
- LjeŠnjanin M, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Freeman CT. Spatial Iterative Learning Control: Output Tracking. IFAC-PapersOnLine. 2017, Vol. 50, Issue 1.
- LjeŠnjanin M, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Freeman CT. Spatial Iterative Learning Control: Systems with input saturation. Proceedings of the American Control Conference. American Automatic Control Council. 2017.
- Tan Q, Divekar P, Tan Y, Chen X, Zheng M. A Diesel Engine Combustion Phasing Optimization Using A Model Guided Extremum Seeking Approach. 35th Chinese Control Conference (CCC). IEEE. 2016, Vol. 2016-August. Editors: Chen J, Zhao Q.
- Teel AR, Nesic D, Lee T-C, Tan Y. A refinement of Matrosov's theorem for differential inclusions. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 68.
- Sun X-M, Wang X-F, Tan Y, Wang X-L, Wang W. Absolutely Exponential Stability and Temperature Control for Gas Chromatograph System Under Dwell Time Switching Techniques. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CYBERNETICS. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016, Vol. 46, Issue 6.
Level: 05 Room: 5.10
Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83443830
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile