Associate Professor Ying Tan
- Intelligent control systems and applications
- Nonlinear control systems and applications
Dr Ying Tan is an Associate Professor and Reader in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Ying Tan received her Bachelor’s degree from Tianjin University, China, in 1995, and her PhD from the National University of Singapore in 2002. She joined McMaster University in 2002 as a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Chemical Engineering. She joined the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department at the University of Melbourne in 2004.
Dr Ying Tan’s main areas of research are nonlinear systems, on-line optimization and intelligent control systems. She has published 110 papers in journals and conferences and has attracted more than 2 million Australian dollars in research funding. She currently is Associate Editor for Systems and Control Letters, Asian Journal of Control. She is the steering committee member for Asian Control Association and Co-Chairs for Asian Control Conference 2017.
She was awarded an Australian Postdoctoral Fellow (2006-2008) and a Future Fellow (2009-2013) by the Australian Research Council. She was the one of finalists for Best Student Paper Award, American Control Conference.
- Lee T, Tan Y, Mareels I. Analyzing the Stability of Switched Systems Using Common Zeroing-Output Systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017.
- Tan Q, Divekar P, Tan Y, Chen X, Zheng M. Online calibration of combustion phase in a diesel engine. Control Theory and Technology. Huanan Ligong Daxue. 2017, Vol. 15, Issue 2.
- Tan Q, Divekar P, Tan Y, Chen X, Zheng M. A Diesel Engine Combustion Phasing Optimization Using A Model Guided Extremum Seeking Approach. 35th Chinese Control Conference (CCC). IEEE. 2016, Vol. 2016-August. Editors: Chen J, Zhao Q.
- Teel AR, Nesic D, Lee T-C, Tan Y. A refinement of Matrosov's theorem for differential inclusions. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 68.
- Sun X-M, Wang X-F, Tan Y, Wang X-L, Wang W. Absolutely Exponential Stability and Temperature Control for Gas Chromatograph System Under Dwell Time Switching Techniques. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CYBERNETICS. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016, Vol. 46, Issue 6.
- Eden J, Lau D, Tan Y, Oetomo D. Available acceleration set for the study of motion capabilities for cable-driven robots. MECHANISM AND MACHINE THEORY. Pergamon. 2016, Vol. 105.
- Van Lith M, Fong J, Crocher V, Tan Y, Mareels I, Oetomo D. Calibration Free Upper Limb Joint Motion Estimation Algorithm with Wearable Sensors. 14th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV). IEEE. 2016.
- Lau D, Eden J, Tan Y, Oetomo D. CASPR: A Comprehensive Cable-Robot Analysis and Simulation Platform for the Research of Cable-Driven Parallel Robots. 2016 IEEE/RSJ INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INTELLIGENT ROBOTS AND SYSTEMS (IROS 2016). IEEE. 2016, Vol. 2016-November.
- Divekar P, Tan Q, Chen X, Zheng M, Tan Y. DIESEL ENGINE FUEL INJECTION CONTROL USING A MODEL-GUIDED EXTREMUM-SEEKING METHOD. 8th ASME Annual Dynamic Systems and Control Conference (DSCC 2015). ASME International. 2016.
- Tan Q, Divekar P, Tan Y, Chen X, Zheng M. Engine Model Calibration Using Extremum Seeking. 8th IFAC Symposium on Advances in Automotive Control (AAC). Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 49, Issue 11.
- Zhou S, Fong J, Crocher V, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Mareels I. Learning control in robot-assisted rehabilitation of motor skills – a review. Journal of Control and Decision. 2016, Vol. 3, Issue 1.
- Zhou SH, Tan Y, Oetomo D, Freeman C, Burdet E, Mareels I. Modeling of Endpoint Feedback Learning Implemented Through Point-to-Point Learning Control. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. IEEE Control Systems Society. 2016.
- Garcia-Rosas R, Portella-Delgado JM, Tan Y, Nesic D. Nonlinear Observer Based Control Design for an Under-actuated Compliant Robotic Hand. 2016 AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2016.
- Wu D, Sun X-M, Tan Y, Wang W. On Designing Event-Triggered Schemes for Networked Control Systems Subject to One-Step Packet Dropout. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL INFORMATICS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 12, Issue 3.
- Lee T-C, Tan Y, Mareels I. On Detectability Conditions in Signal Sets with Application to Switched Systems. 2016 EUROPEAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (ECC). IEEE. 2016.
Level: 05 Room: 5.10
Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83443830
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile