Dr Alan Lee
- Developing new approaches for intelligent photonic packet routers, all-optical label switching and clock recovery, and passive optical network. (Fiber laser, semiconductor laser, optical label switching, passive optical network)
Dr Alan (Ka Lun) Lee is a Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Lee is a researcher with the Centre for Energy-Efficient Telecommunications (CEET).
- Tian Y, Lee K, Lim C, Nirmalathas A. 60 GHz Analog Radio-Over-Fiber Fronthaul Investigations. JOURNAL OF LIGHTWAVE TECHNOLOGY. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 35, Issue 19.
- Tian Y, Song S, Powell K, Lee K, Lim C, Nirmalathas A, Yi X. A 60-GHz Radio-Over-Fiber Fronthaul Using Integrated Microwave Photonics Filters. IEEE PHOTONICS TECHNOLOGY LETTERS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 19.
- Lim C, Tian Y, Lee K, Nirmalathas A. Transport schemes for fiber-based fronthaul for transporting 60 GHz wireless signals. International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks. 2017.
- Tian Y, Lee K, Lint C, Nirmalathas A. Experimental Comparison of DSB-SC & OSSB based 60 GHz Radio-over-Fiber Fronthaul Links. 2016 IEEE INTERNATIONAL TOPICAL MEETING ON MICROWAVE PHOTONICS (MWP). IEEE. 2016.
- Lim C, Lee K, Nirmalathas A. Review of physical layer networking for optical-wireless integration. OPTICAL ENGINEERING. International Society for Optical Engineering. 2016, Vol. 55, Issue 3.
- Lambert S, Ananth P, Vetter P, Lee K, Li J, Yin X, Chow H, Gelas J-P, Lefevre L, Chiaroni D, Lannoo B, Pickavet M. Road to Energy-Efficient Optical Access: GreenTouch Final Results. Journal of Optical Communications and Networking. OSA - Optical Society of America. 2016, Vol. 8, Issue 11.
- Li J, Lee K, Chow HK. A "Power-on-demand" Optical Transceiver Design for Green Access and In-home Network Applications. 41st European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC). IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2015-November.
- Wong M, Lim C, Lee K, Gouhier B, Sparks P. An unusual case of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator inhibition. MEDICAL JOURNAL OF AUSTRALIA. Australasian Medical Publishing Co Ltd. 2015, Vol. 202, Issue 6.
- Lee K, Li J, Chan C, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Chow HK. Energy-efficient technologies for point-to-point fiber access. OPTICAL FIBER TECHNOLOGY. Academic Press. 2015, Vol. 26.
- Li J, Lee K, Chow HK, Hinton K. Low-Power Current-Equalised Optical Transmitter for Below-Threshold-Biasing VCSEL Operation. 41st European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC). IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2015-November.
- Gouhier B, Lee K, Nirmalathas A, Lim C, Skafidas E. Recirculating Frequency Shifter-Based Hybrid Electro-Optic Probing System with Ultra-Wide Bandwidth. IEICE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTRONICS. Oxford University Press. 2015, Vol. E98C, Issue 8.
- Gouhier B, Lee K, Nirmalathas A, Lim C, Skafidas E. A flexible, wide bandwidth electro-optic probing system using a recirculating frequency shifter. 2014 INTERNATIONAL TOPICAL MEETING ON MICROWAVE PHOTONICS (MWP) AND THE 2014 9TH ASIA-PACIFIC MICROWAVE PHOTONICS CONFERENCE (APMP). IEEE. 2014.
- Li J, Lee K, Chan C, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Dinh N, Vetter P. Dynamic Power Management at the Access Node and Customer Premises in Point-to-Point and Time-Division Optical Access. IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2014, Vol. 32, Issue 8.
- Vetter P, Suvakovic D, Chow H, Anthapadmanabhan P, Kanonakis K, Lee K, Saliou F, Yin X, Lannoo B. Energy-efficiency improvements for optical access. IEEE Communications Magazine. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2014, Vol. 52, Issue 4.
- Gouhier B, Lee K, Nirmalathas A, Lim C, Skafidas E. Investigation on the performance of a 20 GHz electro-optic probing scheme using balanced heterodyne detection. OptoElectronics and Communication Conference and Australian Conference on Optical Fibre Technology (OECC/ACOFT). IEEE Press. 2014.
Level: 05 Room: CEET
Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83440558
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile