Dr Alan Lee
- Developing new approaches for intelligent photonic packet routers, all-optical label switching and clock recovery, and passive optical network. (Fiber laser, semiconductor laser, optical label switching, passive optical network)
Dr Alan (Ka Lun) Lee is a Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Dr Lee is a researcher with the Centre for Energy-Efficient Telecommunications (CEET).
- Tian Y, Lee K, Lim C, Nirmalathas A. 60 GHz Analog Radio-over-Fiber Fronthaul Investigations. Journal of Lightwave Technology. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017.
- Tian Y, Lee K, Lint C, Nirmalathas A. Experimental Comparison of DSB-SC & OSSB based 60 GHz Radio-over-Fiber Fronthaul Links. 2016 IEEE INTERNATIONAL TOPICAL MEETING ON MICROWAVE PHOTONICS (MWP). IEEE. 2016.
- Lim C, Lee K, Nirmalathas A. Review of physical layer networking for optical-wireless integration. OPTICAL ENGINEERING. International Society for Optical Engineering. 2016, Vol. 55, Issue 3.
- Lambert S, Ananth P, Vetter P, Lee K, Li J, Yin X, Chow H, Gelas J-P, Lefevre L, Chiaroni D, Lannoo B, Pickavet M. Road to Energy-Efficient Optical Access: GreenTouch Final Results. Journal of Optical Communications and Networking. OSA - Optical Society of America. 2016, Vol. 8, Issue 11.
- Li J, Lee K, Chow HK. A "Power-on-demand" Optical Transceiver Design for Green Access and In-home Network Applications. 41st European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC). IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2015-November.
- Wong M, Lim C, Lee K, Gouhier B, Sparks P. An unusual case of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator inhibition. MEDICAL JOURNAL OF AUSTRALIA. Australasian Medical Publishing Co Ltd. 2015, Vol. 202, Issue 6.
- Lee K, Li J, Chan C, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Chow HK. Energy-efficient technologies for point-to-point fiber access. OPTICAL FIBER TECHNOLOGY. Academic Press. 2015, Vol. 26.
- Li J, Lee K, Chow HK, Hinton K. Low-Power Current-Equalised Optical Transmitter for Below-Threshold-Biasing VCSEL Operation. 41st European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC). IEEE. 2015, Vol. 2015-November.
- Gouhier B, Lee K, Nirmalathas A, Lim C, Skafidas E. Recirculating Frequency Shifter-Based Hybrid Electro-Optic Probing System with Ultra-Wide Bandwidth. IEICE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTRONICS. Oxford University Press. 2015, Vol. E98C, Issue 8.
- Gouhier B, Lee K, Nirmalathas A, Lim C, Skafidas E. A flexible wide bandwidth electro-optic probing system using a recirculating frequency shifter. 2014 International Topical Meeting on Microwave Photonics / the 9th Asia-Pacific Microwave Photonics Conference, MWP/APMP 2014 - Proceedings. 2014.
- Li J, Lee K, Chan C, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Dinh N, Vetter P. Dynamic Power Management at the Access Node and Customer Premises in Point-to-Point and Time-Division Optical Access. IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2014, Vol. 32, Issue 8.
- Vetter P, Suvakovic D, Chow H, Anthapadmanabhan P, Kanonakis K, Lee K, Saliou F, Yin X, Lannoo B. Energy-efficiency improvements for optical access. IEEE Communications Magazine. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2014, Vol. 52, Issue 4.
- Gouhier B, Lee K, Nirmalathas A, Lim C, Skafidas E. Investigation on the performance of a 20 GHz electro-optic probing scheme using balanced heterodyne detection. OptoElectronics and Communication Conference and Australian Conference on Optical Fibre Technology (OECC/ACOFT). IEEE Press. 2014.
- Gouhier B, Lee K, Nirmalathas A, Lim C, Skafidas E. Optical comb-based, wide bandwidth hybrid electro-optic probing system. Optics InfoBase Conference Papers. 2014, Vol. Part F4-CLEO 2015.
- Li J, Anthapadmanabhan NP, Chan C, Lee K, Dinh N, Vetter P. Sleep mode mechanism with improved upstream performance for passive optical networks. 2014 IEEE International Conference on Communications. IEEE Press. 2014.
Level: 05 Room: CEET
Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83440558
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile