Dr Karim Seghouane
- Analysis of Physiological Signals
- Biomedical Image Analysis
- Statistical Signal and Image Processing
Dr. Karim Seghouane is an ARC Future Fellow in the Department of Electrical And Electronic Engineering at the University of Melbourne. He completed his PhD in Signal Processing and Control from Universite Paris Sud (Paris XI) in 2003.
Before Moving to the University of Melbourne, he was with NICTA (formaly National ICT Australia) Canberra Research Laboratory and the College of Engineering & Computer Science, Australian National University (ANU) from 2005 to 2012.
- Seghouane A, Iqbal A. Basis Expansion Approaches for Regularized Sequential Dictionary Learning Algorithms With Enforced Sparsity for fMRI Data Analysis. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MEDICAL IMAGING. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 36, Issue 9.
- Seghouane A, Iqbal A, Desai N. BSMCCA: A BLOCK SPARSE MULTIPLE-SET CANONICAL CORRELATION ANALYSIS ALGORITHM FOR MULTI-SUBJECT FMRI DATA SETS. 2017 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ACOUSTICS, SPEECH AND SIGNAL PROCESSING (ICASSP). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2017.
- Ubaru S, Saad Y, Seghouane A. Fast Estimation of Approximate Matrix Ranks Using Spectral Densities. NEURAL COMPUTATION. MIT Press. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 5.
- Seghouane A, Shah A, Ting C-M. fMRI hemodynamic response function estimation in autoregressive noise by avoiding the drift. DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING. Academic Press - Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 66.
- Ubaru S, Seghouane A, Saad Y. Improving the Incoherence of a Learned Dictionary via Rank Shrinkage. NEURAL COMPUTATION. MIT Press. 2017, Vol. 29, Issue 1.
- Desai N, Seghouane A, Palaniswami M. Multisubject fMRI Data Analysis via Two Dimensional Multi-set Canonical Correlation Analysis. 2017 IEEE 14TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON BIOMEDICAL IMAGING (ISBI 2017). IEEE. 2017.
- Seghouane A, Iqbal A. Sequential Dictionary Learning From Correlated Data: Application to fMRI Data Analysis. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON IMAGE PROCESSING. IEEE Signal Processing Society. 2017, Vol. 26, Issue 6.
- Aissa-El-bey A, Seghouane A. Sparse and smooth canonical correlation analysis through rank-1 matrix approximation. EURASIP JOURNAL ON ADVANCES IN SIGNAL PROCESSING. Hindawi Publishing Corp. 2017, Vol. 2017, Issue 1.
- McKay C, Shah A, Seghouane A, Zhou X, Cross W, Litovsky R. Connectivity in Language Areas of the Brain in Cochlear Implant Users as Revealed by fNIRS. PHYSIOLOGY, PSYCHOACOUSTICS AND COGNITION IN NORMAL AND IMPAIRED HEARING. Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers. 2016, Vol. 894. Editors: Vandijk P, Baskent D, Gaudrain E, Dekleine E, Wagner A, Lanting C.
- Ting C-M, Seghouane A, Salleh S-H. ESTIMATION OF HIGH-DIMENSIONAL CONNECTIVITY IN FMRI DATA VIA SUBSPACE AUTOREGRESSIVE MODELS. 19th IEEE Statistical Signal Processing Workshop (SSP). IEEE. 2016, Vol. 2016-August.
- Seghouane A, Khalid MU. LEARNING DICTIONARIES FROM CORRELATED DATA: APPLICATION TO FMRI DATA ANALYSIS. 2016 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON IMAGE PROCESSING (ICIP). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016.
- Hanif M, Seghouane A. Non-Local Noise Estimation for Adaptive Image Denoising. 2015 International Conference on Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications (DICTA). 2016.
- Aissa-El-bey A, Seghouane A. SPARSE CANONICAL CORRELATION ANALYSIS BASED ON RANK-1 MATRIX APPROXIMATION AND ITS APPLICATION FOR FMRI SIGNALS. 2016 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ACOUSTICS, SPEECH AND SIGNAL PROCESSING PROCEEDINGS. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016, Vol. 2016-May.
- Seghouane A, Hanif M. A SEQUENTIAL DICTIONARY LEARNING ALGORITHM WITH ENFORCED SPARSITY. 2015 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ACOUSTICS, SPEECH, AND SIGNAL PROCESSING (ICASSP). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2015, Vol. 2015-August.
- Seghouane A, Shah A. CONSISTENT ESTIMATION OF THE FMRI HEMODYNAMIC RESPONSE FUNCTION IN AR(1) NOISE. 2015 IEEE 12th International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI). The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2015, Vol. 2015-July.
Level: 03 Room: 7
Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 03 90353743
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile