Dr Iman Shames
Iman Shames is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Melbourne. Previously, he had been a McKenzie Research Fellow at the department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, the University of Melbourne from 2013 to 2014. He was an ACCESS Postdoctoral Researcher at the ACCESS Linnaeus Centre, the KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden from 2011 to 2012. He received his Ph.D. degree in engineering and computer science from the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia in 2011 and his B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from Shiraz University, Iran in 2006. He has been a visiting researcher at ETH in 2012, Chalmers Technical University in 2011, the Delft Technical University in 2011, TU Munchen in 2011, the KTH Royal Institute of Technology in 2010, the University of Tokyo in 2008, and at the University of Newcastle in 2010 and 2005. His current research interests include optimisation, complex systems, sensor networks, and security in networked systems.
- Guler S, Fidan B, Dasgupta S, Anderson BDO, Shames I. Adaptive Source Localization Based Station Keeping of Autonomous Vehicles. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATIC CONTROL. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2017, Vol. 62, Issue 7.
- Ahmadizadeh S, Shames I, Martin S, Nesic D. On eigenvalues of Laplacian matrix for a class of directed signed graphs. LINEAR ALGEBRA AND ITS APPLICATIONS. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 523.
- Ahmadizadeh S, Shames I, Martin S, Nesic D. On eigenvalues of Laplacian matrix for a class of directed signed graphs (vol 523, pg 281, 2017). LINEAR ALGEBRA AND ITS APPLICATIONS. Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 530.
- Bottegal G, Farokhi F, Shames I. Preserving Privacy of Finite Impulse Response Systems. IEEE Control Systems Letters. 2017, Vol. 1, Issue 1.
- Farokhi F, Shames I, Johansson KH. Private and Secure Coordination of Match-Making for Heavy-Duty Vehicle Platooning. IFAC-PapersOnLine. 2017, Vol. 50, Issue 1.
- Farokhi F, Shames I, Batterham N. Secure and private control using semi-homomorphic encryption. CONTROL ENGINEERING PRACTICE. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2017, Vol. 67.
- Shames I, Farokhi F, Summers TH. Security analysis of cyber-physical systems using H-2 norm. IET CONTROL THEORY AND APPLICATIONS. Institution of Engineering and Technology. 2017, Vol. 11, Issue 11.
- Cantoni M, Farokhi F, Kerrigan E, Shames I. Structured computation of optimal controls for constrained cascade systems. International Journal of Control. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2017.
- Farokhi F, Cantoni M, Shames I. A Game-Theoretic Approach to Distributed Scheduling of Rigid Demands on Dynamical Systems. 2016 AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2016.
- Cantoni M, Farokhi F, Kerrigan E, Shames I. A scalable QP solver for optimal control of cascades with constraints. 2016 AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2016.
- Summers T, Shames I. Convex relaxations and Gramian rank constraints for sensor and actuator selection in networks. 2016 IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON INTELLIGENT CONTROL (ISIC). IEEE. 2016.
- Deghat M, Ugrinovskii V, Shames I, Langbort C. Detection of Biasing Attacks on Distributed Estimation Networks. 2016 IEEE 55TH CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016.
- Ju Z, Shames I, Nesic D. Ensuring Communication Connectivity in Multi-agent Systems in the Presence of Uncooperative Clients. 2016 IEEE 55TH CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016.
- Shames I, Farokhi F, Cantoni M. Guaranteed maximum power point tracking by scalar iterations with quadratic convergence rate. 2016 IEEE 55TH CONFERENCE ON DECISION AND CONTROL (CDC). Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2016.
- Farokhi F, Shames I, Rabbat MG, Johansson M. On reconstructability of quadratic utility functions from the iterations in gradient methods. AUTOMATICA. Pergamon-Elsevier Science. 2016, Vol. 66.
Level: 03 Room: 3.8
Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
T: +61 3 83446689
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile