Dr Babak Nasr
- Electochemicaly gated FETs
- Multibeam Ion Microscopy (Helium, Neon and Gallium) & electron microscopy
- Printable Electronics
- Thin film & Nanowire FETs electronics/biosensors
- Vertical Nanowire Electrode Arrays for Intracellular Biosensor Applications
Babak Nasr received his Ph.D. degree in material science from Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany in 2013, and was a research associate at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in Germany from 2007 to 2013. Afterward, he joined NICTA Victorian Research Laboratory until 2014. He is currently a senior researcher at The University of Melbourne, Centre for Neural Engineering (CfNE).
Babak's research interests embrace the fields of nanomaterials, solid-state physics and bio-nanotechnology. His work focuses on the synthesis of nanoscale materials such as one-dimensional nanostructures, the characterization of the unique physical properties of these materials, device fabrication and the integration of nanoscale electronic materials for various technological applications, including novel nanoelectronics, battery compatible devices, printable electronics and biological sensors.
- Soraya G, Nguyen T, Abeyrathne C, Huynh D, Chan J, Nguyen P, Nasr B, Chana G, Kwan P, Skafidas E. A label-free, quantitative Fecal Hemoglobin detection platform for colorectal cancer screening. Biosensors. MDPI AG. 2017, Vol. 7, Issue 2.
- Stoesser A, Von Seggern F, Purohit S, Nasr B, Kruk R, Dehm S, Wang D, Hahn H, Dasgupta S. Facile fabrication of electrolyte-gated single-crystalline cuprous oxide nanowire field-effect transistors. NANOTECHNOLOGY. IOP Publishing. 2016, Vol. 27, Issue 41.
- Abeyrathne C, Duc HH, Ting TL, Thanh CN, Nasr B, Chana G, Skafidas E. GFAP Antibody Detection Using Interdigital Coplanar Waveguide Immunosensor. IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL. IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. 2016, Vol. 16, Issue 9.
- Abeyrathne C, Huynh D, McIntire T, Nguyen T, Nasr B, Zantomio D, Chana G, Abbott I, Choong P, Catton M, Skafidas E. Lab on a chip sensor for rapid detection and antibiotic resistance determination of Staphylococcus aureus. ANALYST. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2016, Vol. 141, Issue 6.
- Nasr B, Chana G, Lee T, Thanh N, Abeyrathne C, D'Abaco G, Dottori M, Skafidas E. Vertical Nanowire Electrode Arrays as Novel Electrochemical Label-Free Immunosensors. SMALL. Wiley - V C H Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA. 2015, Vol. 11, Issue 24.
- Nasr B, Wang D, Kruk R, RÖsner H, Hahn H, Dasgupta S. High-Speed, low-voltage, and environmentally stable operation of electrochemically gated zinc oxide nanowire field-effect transistors. Advanced Functional Materials. Wiley-VCH. 2013, Vol. 23, Issue 14.
- Nasr B, Zhao-Karger Z, Wang D, Kruk R, Hahn H, Dasgupta S. Temperature tolerance study of high performance electrochemically gated SnO2 nanowire field-effect transistors. Journal of Materials Chemistry C. 2013, Vol. 1, Issue 14.
- Okamura K, Nasr B, Brand RA, Hahn H. Solution-processed oxide semiconductor SnO in p-channel thin-film transistors. Journal of Materials Chemistry. Royal Society of Chemistry. 2012, Vol. 22, Issue 11.
- Ahmadi M, Saffar Avval M, Yousefi T, Goharkhah M, Nasr B, Ashjaee M. Temperature measurement of a premixed radially symmetric methane flame jet using the MachZehnder Interferometry. Optics and Lasers in Engineering. Elsevier. 2011, Vol. 49, Issue 7.
- Nasr B, Dasgupta S, Wang D, Mechau N, Kruk R, Hahn H. Electrical resistivity of nanocrystalline Al-doped zinc oxide films as a function of Al content and the degree of its segregation at the grain boundaries. Journal of Applied Physics. American Institute of Physics. 2010, Vol. 108, Issue 10.
- Amighian J, Mozaffari M, Nasr B. Preparation of nano-sized manganese ferrite (MnFe2O4) via coprecipitation method. physica status solidi (c). Wiley - John Wiley & Sons. 2006, Vol. 3, Issue 9.
Level: 01 Room: 104
Centre for Neural Engineering, Parkville
University of Melbourne
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile