Professor Kenneth Crozier
- Optics (optical tweezers, spectroscopy, imaging) (Nano-optics, plasmonics, silicon photonics, surface-enhanced Raman scattering, optical trapping, optofluidics, microlenses, microscopy)
- Semiconductor nanowires (incl. photodetectors) (Nanofabrication)
Kenneth Crozier is Professor of Physics and Electronic Engineering at the University of Melbourne. This is joint appointment between the School of Physics and the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Prior to joining the University of Melbourne, Kenneth Crozier was a faculty member in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Harvard University. He joined Harvard as an Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering in 2004, and was promoted to Associate Professor in 2008. His research interests are in nano- and micro-optics, with an emphasis on plasmonics for surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy and optical forces, optofluidics and semiconducting nanowires. He has published in excess of 80 journal papers on these and related topics. He received his undergraduate degrees in Electrical Engineering (with first class honours, with LR East Medal) and Physics at the University of Melbourne. He received his MSEE and PhD in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University in 1999 and 2003, respectively. In 2008, he was a recipient of a CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation (USA) and a Loeb Chair at Harvard, an endowed position for junior faculty. In 2014, he was awarded an Innovation Fellowship from VESKI (Victorian Endowment of Science, Knowledge and Innovation) on his return to Australia. He is a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), of the Optical Society (OSA) and of the International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE). His research group webpage is: http://blogs.unimelb.edu.au/crozier-group/
- Solanki A, Li S, Park H, Crozier K. Harnessing the Interplay between Photonic Resonances and Carrier Extraction for Narrowband Germanium Nanowire Photodetectors Spanning the Visible to Infrared. ACS PHOTONICS. American Chemical Society. 2018, Vol. 5, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1021/acsphotonics.7b01034
- Li SQ, Crozier K. Beyond toroidal multipoles. 2017 Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, CLEO 2017 - Proceedings. 2017, Vol. 2017-January. DOI: 10.1364/CLEO_QELS.2017.FTu1H.4
- Xu Z, Song W, Crozier K. Direct observation of optical trapping of a single quantum dot with an all-silicon nanoantenna. Optics InfoBase Conference Papers. 2017, Vol. Part F66-FiO 2017. DOI: 10.1364/FIO.2017.FM3B.2
- Xu Z, Song W, Crozier K. Optical trapping using all-dielectric silicon nanoantennas with ultra-low heat generation. Optics InfoBase Conference Papers. 2017, Vol. Part F41-CLEO_SI 2017.
- Xu Z, Song W, Crozier K. Optical trapping using all-dielectric silicon nanoantennas with ultra-low heat generation. 2017 Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, CLEO 2017 - Proceedings. 2017, Vol. 2017-January.
- Craig B, Shrestha VR, Meng J, Crozier K. Plasmonic filter arrays for infrared spectral reconstruction. Optics InfoBase Conference Papers. 2017, Vol. Part F66-FiO 2017. DOI: 10.1364/FIO.2017.JW3A.77
- Crozier K. Trapping nanoparticles with plasmonic and photonic nanostructures. 2017 Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, CLEO 2017 - Proceedings. 2017, Vol. 2017-January. DOI: 10.1364/CLEO_AT.2017.JTh3M.2
- Meng J, Li S, Crozier K. Wavelength-multiplexed spectrometer based on silicon nanowire photodetector array. Optics InfoBase Conference Papers. 2017, Vol. Part F82-CLEO_Europe 2017.
- Tan SL, Zhao X, Chen K, Crozier K, Dan Y. High-performance silicon nanowire bipolar phototransistors. APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS. American Institute of Physics. 2016, Vol. 109, Issue 3. DOI: 10.1063/1.4959264
- Song W, Li S, Crozier K. Highly Directional Fluorescent Emission at Visible Wavelengths with a Silicon Metasurface. 2016 CONFERENCE ON LASERS AND ELECTRO-OPTICS (CLEO). IEEE. 2016. DOI: 10.1364/CLEO_QELS.2016.FM3D.7
- Li S, Song W, Crozier K. Isolated and Collective Magnetic Resonances in Dielectric Nanoparticles at Optical Frequencies. 2016 CONFERENCE ON LASERS AND ELECTRO-OPTICS (CLEO). IEEE. 2016. DOI: 10.1364/CLEO_QELS.2016.FM4B.3
- Crozier K. Light-matter interactions at the nanoscale: challenges and opportunities. 2016 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON OPTICAL MEMS AND NANOPHOTONICS (OMN). IEEE. 2016, Vol. 2016-September. DOI: 10.1109/OMN.2016.7565833
- Xu Z, Song W, Crozier K. Optical tracking of a nanoparticle trapped by a double nanohole aperture. 2016 CONFERENCE ON LASERS AND ELECTRO-OPTICS (CLEO). IEEE. 2016.
- Zhu W, Esteban R, Borisov AG, Baumberg JJ, Nordlander P, Lezec HJ, Aizpurua J, Crozier K. Quantum mechanical effects in plasmonic structures with subnanometre gaps. NATURE COMMUNICATIONS. Nature Publishing Group. 2016, Vol. 7. DOI: 10.1038/ncomms11495
- Li S, Frigerio J, Chrastina D, Isella G, Solanki A, Song W, Zheng C, Crozier K. Vertical Germanium Nanowire Photodetectors with Suspended Graphene Top Contact. 2016 CONFERENCE ON LASERS AND ELECTRO-OPTICS (CLEO). IEEE. 2016. DOI: 10.1364/CLEO_SI.2016.SM4E.7
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile