Dr Michael Lees
- Process Control and Automation Manager at the Carlton & United Breweries plant at Yatala, Queensland
- Chair, National Committee on Automation Control and Instrumentation (NCACI) - Engineers Australia (2013-2014)
- Industrial informatics
- Green manufacturing
- Production research
- Real-time information systems
- Industrial control systems
- Lees M. A Maturity Model for Control and Automation in Environmental Impact. 2016 AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2016.
- Lees M, Ellen R, Brodie P, Steffens M, Newell B, Wilkey D. An online Utilities Consumption Model for real-time load identification. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRODUCTION RESEARCH. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2015, Vol. 53, Issue 5.
- Lees M, Wang L. PID Controller Design for Industrial Beer Filtration. 2015 5TH AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2015.
- Lees M. The Global Enterprise and Process Control. 2015 5TH AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2015.
- Lees M. The global enterprise and process control. 2015 Australian Control Conference, AUCC 2015. 2015.
- Lees M, Ellen R, Brodie P. Challenges with performance management of automatic control loops in a large-scale batch processing environment. 2014 4TH AUSTRALIAN CONTROL CONFERENCE (AUCC). IEEE. 2014.
- Lees M, Ellen R, Brodie P. The control of beer production: Insights into the controller topology of a large Australian brewery. Australian Control Conference. Engineers Australia. 2013.
- Ellen R, Campbell D, Lees M. Development of Distributed Fuzzy Systems with a Runtime-Adaptable Mobile Components Framework. 2012 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE). IEE Institute of Electronic Engineers. 2012.
- Lees M, Evans R, Mareels I. Information Infrastructures for On-line Measurement of Non-Productive Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Manufacturing: Case of the Brewing Industry. International Journal of Production Research. Taylor & Francis Ltd. 2012, Vol. 50, Issue 22.
- Lees M, Ellen R, Steffens M, Brodie P, Mareels I, Evans R. Information Infrastructures for Utilities Management in the Brewing Industry. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. SpringerLink. 2012.
- Lees M, Evans R, Mareels I. Autonomous Performance Monitoring of an On-Line Real-Time Decision Support System. 18th IFAC World Congress. IFAC - International Federation of Automatic Control. 2011.
- Lees M, Ellen R, Brodie P, Steffens M. A Real-time utilities management system for optimising cleaning operations in a brewery. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology. 2009.
- Lees M, Ellen R, Brodie P, Steffens M, Newell B, Wilkey D. A utilities consumption model for real-time load identification in a brewery. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology. 2009.
- Lees M, Campbell D, Keir A. Machine vision for beer keg asset management. Mechatronics and Machine Vision in Practice. 2008.
- Campbell D, Keir A, Lees M. Computational intelligence for automated keg identification and deformation detection. Proceedings of the 2007 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Image and Signal Processing, CIISP 2007. 2007.
University of Melbourne
View a full list of publications on the University of Melbourne’s ‘Find An Expert’ profile